Posting Date: September 28, 2017
Position: Sr. Contract Specialist
Location: Kaiser Permanente, Aurora, CO
Create and model terms of contracts, including full financial analysis and review of organizational impact. Compiles healthcare claims data and other related information regarding provider contracts and provides recommendations to KP leadership to optimize strategy and performance. Leader in the development of capitation arrangements and reporting. Leader in the evaluation and implementation of contract modeling software.
• Financial management and evaluation of ancillary (non-hospital) contracts ($200M +).
• Create and maintain contracting models, reports & dashboards; prepares ad hoc reports upon request.
• Leads contract modeling system development and implementation of process improvements.
• Leads capitation system requirements and reporting.
• Participates in Contract Negotiation Meetings.
• Research and respond to inquiries from business units and stakeholders.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum seven (7) years of experience in health care data analysis including database/data mining experience including, but not limited to, creating queries, reports, and tables.
• Minimum two (2) years of experience using financial modeling systems.
• Bachelor's degree in business, health care administration or related field
License, Certification, Registration
• Motivated to acquire new skills and knowledge for improved performance while working under pressure.
• Strong work ethic and completes tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
• Effective, clear and concise communication using appropriate channels to maintain working relationships.
• Strong ability to meet very aggressive deadlines and strong analytical skills.
• Knowledge and experience in creating multi-functional databases.
• SQL and data warehouse experience.
• Intermediate MS Word computer proficiency test with a passing score of 70% or better.
• Intermediate MS Access computer proficiency test with a passing score of 70% or better.
• Intermediate MS Excel computer proficiency test with a passing score of 70% or better.
• More than seven (7) years of experience with provider data analysis and health care operations experience preferred.
• More than seven (7) years of working with robust database programs to include SQL, SAS & Business Objects preferred.
• Experience with data marts, data mining tools and programming.
• Experience with modeling systems and a working knowledge of process and procedures.
• Master's degree in business, health care administration or related field.
• Cost accounting capability & understanding.
• Ability to assist in migration to new data platforms & systems.
Primary Location: Colorado, Aurora, Waterpark I 2500 S. Havana St.
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Working Hours Start: 8:00 AM
Working Hours End: 5:00 PM
Job Schedule: Full-time
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job Category: Insurance / Claims
Department: CD Strategic Solutions
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Referral Bonus Amount: $None
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Posting Date: August 29, 2017
Position: Data Specialist / SAS Programmer I
Location: Kaiser Permanente Institute for Health Research, Denver, CO
Job Summary: Works in conjunction with biostatisticians and programmers to manage all aspects of data manipulation, ensuring data quality and maintaining data integrity for one or more studies through the use of SAS programming. Maintains and supports a culture of compliance, ethics and integrity. Maintains knowledge of policies and procedures and performs in accordance with the Principles of Responsibilities and applicable regulatory requirements, external laws and accreditation standards. Appropriately reports observed fraud or abuse.
- Develops solutions to routine problems, following established policies and procedures; requires some judgment to develop alternative solutions; provides information to others to be used in decision-making processes; works under general supervision; may need guidance to solve difficult issues; interprets routine information; and has no formal leadership responsibilities but may provide informal work guidance or direction to other team members.
- Assists in data management: plans and carries out data management activities (e.g., data cleaning/quality assurance, data documentation, analytic data set creation).
- Operationalizes research protocols. Participates in multi-site projects by testing/running SAS code distributed by programmers at multiple sites.
- Identifies and resolves problems using interactive problem solving and troubleshooting techniques. Develops QA programs to identify any issues in the data. Partners with members of the research team to resolve data issues. Notifies appropriate IHR subject matter expert of issues discovered in the data so that the issues can be resolved in the source data.
- Extracts data from multiple sources within KP and develops a thorough understanding of the data elements to be used for a study. Communicates issues around the data elements and proposes alternatives to make the data as complete and accurate as possible.
- Independently authors programs to efficiently extract data from source systems using a variety of SAS tools, such as macros, SQL.
- Contributes to programming for KPCO or multi-site projects.
- Provides the data for study development or manuscript preparation, i.e., analytic data sets.
- Demonstrates experience in relational database structures, system testing and quality assurance methods.
- Participates in the development of registries/databases, including base definition, structure, documentation, long-range requirements, operational guidelines, and protection. Ensures accuracy and completeness of data in master files and various support tools, such as data dictionaries to be used by the research team, to conduct federally funded research.
- Coordinates data transfers and data reconciliation. Complies with IRB approved protocols, Business Associate Agreements, and Data Use Agreements to transfer data between agencies.
- Employs data management best practices and knowledge thereof in a standardized, transparent, and efficient manner. Assumes responsibility as a partner for the planning, resourcing, and execution of relevant internal and external data management activities to obtain clean databases within a specified timeframe. Openly reviews code with team members to ensure high quality results and share techniques employed.
- Develops knowledge and professional skills through continuing education, cross training, literature, and attendance at departmental meetings.
- Under the scientific direction of a PI, assists with proposal development.
- Assists with data interpretation, preparation of technical reports, manuscripts, posters, presentations.
- Adheres to federal and local regulations and KPCO Standard Operating Procedures governing research. Maintains compliance when manipulating large volumes of patient data, both internal to KPCO and from external agencies. Follows the IRB approved protocols on federally funded grants as well as on internally funded projects. Adheres to the research protocols for maintaining HIPAA compliance when accessing, manipulating, storing, and transferring data. Partners with Investigators to adhere to the research requirements outlined in the study protocol and data use agreements report all violation/deviations immediately to the Investigator and IRB.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree required
Preferred Education: Master's degree in social or behavioral sciences, health services, public health, statistics, health economics, epidemiology, computer science, or related field.
Minimum Work Experience: Minimum one (1) year of SAS programming.
Preferred Work Experience: Health care/research experience preferred.
- Highly organized with an emphasis on attention to detail and quality control
- Ability to adapt to constantly changing environments & priorities
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required
To apply: https://www.kaiserpermanentejobs.org/job/denver/data-specialist-sas-prgrm-i/641/5426435
Posting Date: June 7, 2017
Position: Sr. SAS Programmer
Location: Clovis Oncology, Inc., Boulder, CO
The Sr/SAS Programmer will work with statistical and data management colleagues to develop SAS programs for the presentation and review of clinical trial data.
- Working independently, or with other statistical departmental members, or consultants, to develop effective statistical outputs applicable to project;
- Preparation of the statistical results for clinical study reports (CSR), and production of overall summaries (e.g., Annual Safety Reports);
- Assist in the design and testing of clinical databases;
- Review edit checks
- Assist in the review of clinical databases by creating edit checks as part of a data quality review
- Coordinate the transfer of and review data from outside vendors (CROs, central labs);
- Perform user acceptance testing on database applications;
- Perform SAE reconciliation between the clinical database (AE) and the Drug Safety database (SAE), as applicable;
- Effectively works with Clinical Research Organizations (CROs) to ensure high-quality deliverables within timeline and budget;
- Providing general guidance on definition and documentation of key derived variables needed to support production of tables, listings, and graphs;
- Maintaining awareness of industry standards, regulatory requirements, and departmental guidelines;
- Senior level: may provide work direction/guidance to other programming personnel
Education and Experience
- A B.A. or B.S. in statistics or related discipline and 3+ years of pharmaceutical experience
- Senior level: A B.A. or B.S. in statistics or related discipline and a minimum of 5+ years of pharmaceutical experience
- At least 1 year experience in Oncology
- Office-Based position; minimal travel required